GAMMA RADIATION DETECTOR, (Geiger Counter) CDV-715, Non-Functional
- 5 Star Customer Service
- Family Owned and Operated
- Detects dosage rates from .01 to 500. roentgens/hr wit +- 15% accuracy
- Detects high levels of Gamma radiation only
- Zero Adjust Knob
- Analog screen range 0-5 roentgens/hr (r/hr is multiplied by the appropriate range scale as selected with range switch)
- Selector Switch Settings: Circuit check, Off, Zero (calibrate), X0.1 (0-.5 r/hr, X1 (0-5 r/hr), X10 (0-50 r/hr), X100 (0-500 r/hr)
- Unaffected by EMP (electro magnetic pulse), a phenomenon created by an atomic detonation which renders most electrical systems inoperative.
- Robust Construction, Sealed meter is watertight and resists shock and vibration damage.
- Civil Defense Department instrument issued for civilian use during and after nuclear attack or reactor meltdown.
- Operates on standard D-Cell batteries (not included)
- Operates for over 150 hours continuous, much longer if used intermittently
- Manufactured in the early 60's
These units are in good condition, however, we do not warrant their functionality, accuracy or performance in a gamma or beta environment, or otherwise. In the unlikely event that a maintenance issue would occur, the manual (reprint) has a rather extensive troubleshooting and corrective maintenance section, including repair and replacement of resistors, diodes, etc. To download a reprint of the original Operator's Manual for this unit click here.
Units may or may not come in an original box and may or may not include an original manual. This is a non-returnable item.
Use of the term “Geiger counter” is in place solely as a buzz word. Many people recognize the term “Geiger counter”. What you are getting is described by the model numbers listed. Please research the capabilities and specifications of these specific model numbers before making a purchase. We do realize that some of these units may not be technically considered to be Geiger counters, rather radiation detectors.
Please use this form to ask questions PUBLICLY about this specific product to previous customers of this product. Your question and any details in it will be posted to our website and sent to previous customers, and is not guaranteed an answer.
Please direct any questions that you would like to ask directly to Coleman's staff, or need answers to in a timely fashion, to our Contact Us page to e-mail Coleman's staff directly.