Gamma Radiation Detector (Geiger Counter) CDV-720, TESTED
- Detects dosage rates from 1 to 500. roentgens/hr wit +- 15% accuracy
- Detects both Gamma AND Beta radiation
- Zero Adjust Knob
- Analog screen range 0-5 roentgens/hr (r/hr is multiplied by the appropriate range scale as selected with range switch)
- Selector Switch Settings: Circuit check, Off, Zero (calibrate), X1 (0-5 r/hr), X10 (0-50 r/hr) X100 (0-500 r/hr)
- Unaffected by EMP (electro magnetic pulse), a phenomenon created by an atomic detonation which renders most electrical systems inoperative.
- Rugged construction, sealed meter is watertight and resists shock and vibration damage.
- Civil Defense Department instrument issued for civilian use in detecting high levels of radiation, such as might be present after a nuclear attack or reactor meltdown.
- Operates on standard D-Cell batteries (not included)
- Operates for over 150 hours continuous, much longer if used intermittently
- Manufactured in the early 60's
Unlike most of the other Gamma detectors you'll see, these units are NOT stamped with an "R" on the top of the case, which indicates that they are "refurbs". These are NOT refurbs. We cannot warrant their functionality, accuracy or performance in a gamma or beta environment or otherwise. In the unlikely event that a maintenance issue would occur, the manual has a rather extensive troubleshooting and corrective maintenance section, including repair and replacement of resistors, diodes, etc. You can find many manuals and troubleshooting tips with a quick internet search.
Use of the term “Geiger counter” is in place solely as a buzz word. Many people recognize the term “Geiger counter”. What you are getting is described by the model numbers listed. Please research the capabilities and specifications of these specific model numbers before making a purchase. We do realize that some of these units may not be technically considered to be Geiger counters, rather radiation detectors.
This is a non-returnable item. Units may or may not come in an original box and may or may not include an original manual.
Please use this form to ask questions PUBLICLY about this specific product to previous customers and Coleman's staff. Your question and any details in it may be posted to our website and sent to previous customers.
Please direct any questions that you would not want posted publicly, or need answers to in a timely fashion, to our Contact Us page to e-mail us directly.